Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
AVIS+ is a FULL scholarship program for each candidate during their whole 4-year study in Vietnam, including:
– Full tuition fee
– Two round-trip airfares (international flights)
– Establishment allowance
– Monthly stipend (10,000,000 VND/ month, equivalent to 425 USD/month)
– Health insurance
– Vietnamese Tet Holiday
– Application Form with Photos (4cm x 6 cm) (designated form)
– High School Diploma (notarized translation copies if in other languages than English).
– Official Academic Transcript (all the grades earned from high school)
– Valid International English proficiency test results or a Confirmation Letter from respective high schools or junior colleges verifying that their academic programs are taught in English.
– Certificate of Health Examination
– Application Letter (designated form)
– Passport (photocopy)
Link: Form “Application Form for Enrolment in High Quality Engineer Training Program in Information Technology”
– Candidates and students participating in the English entrance test (4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing) must at least achieve standard level 1/6 under Foreign Language Competency Framework of Vietnam and the principle in consideration of admission is executed by selecting from high to low test scores until the end of the target.
7.1. Faculty: High quality classes are taught by highly-qualified, competent Professors, Lecturers, and are guided to do research, study and participate in practical projects associated with training expertise.
7.2. Facilities: The size of high quality classes is small (about 40 students/ class); classrooms are situated in a reserved campus, practical laboratories… are fully equipped and supported with the best service.
7.3. Preferential policies and other benefits:
– Students are given priority to preside over or participate in annual scientific research projects and apply scientific and technological advances to practice;
– Being entitled to enjoy supplemental and extra-curricular support programs (free of charge) to improve career skills, foreign language skills and soft skills proclaimed by PTIT according to the annual plan;
– Full information about studying process are provided for students’ family after each semester;
– During studying process, students are allowed to transfer for studying at overseas universities which PTIT has a joint training relationship with when students wish and meet the university transferring conditions.
7.4. Graduates are conferred university degree (engineer in information technology), are given priority to being introduced jobs or transferred to study at higher educational levels.
– The curriculum is supplemented and improved on English: Level of English language proficiency meets the standard of level 4 ( B2 level according to the European reference frame)
– Some specialized subjects are organized to train in English (about 30% of the credits of the curriculum are taught in English).
– Training time: 4.5 years – 148 credits (excluding subjects: Physical Education, Defence Education and Soft Skills)
– Link: Decision No. 848 / QD-HV on adjusting the Standard High Quality Training Process in IT – undergraduate level
– Soft skills training courses
– On-site practical tours at IT companies
– Sightseeing and picnic tours