The objectives of the Information Technology program at PTIT are to prepare students for future work and careers in computing with proficiency and integrity. Graduates of the program can:
– Work professionally in one or more of the following areas: software design, developing, and testing; data science, machine learning engineering; computer science research.
– Work effectively in a variety of contexts, both as individuals and in team environments.
– Engage in lifelong learning to remain effective professionals in a constantly changing world of technology.
– Be aware of professional and societal responsibilities and committed to ethical actions.
- General engineering outcomes
Graduates of the program are expected to be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Apply the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Transition from engineering concepts and theory to real engineering applications.
- Specialization skills
There are two specializations in the program: 1) Software Engineering and 2) Artificial Intelligence. Graduates of each specialization are expected to have respective additional learning outcomes.
The graduates of Software Engineering specialization will be able to:
- Capture and analyze in detail user requirements.
- Design and develop a software system that meets the real requirements.
- Estimate and plan a software project.
- Build a test plan, run a test plan and assure the quality as well as manage the documents of a software project.
- Creatively apply the learned knowledge to resolve the main issues in the software development domain.
The graduates of Artificial Intelligence specialization will be able to:
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building intelligent systems
- Conduct data preprocessing, data cleaning, and data visualization
- Select features, build, and optimize data analysis models using machine learning techniques
- Select suitable data mining/machine learning algorithms to build intelligent systems
- Apply the learned knowledge to develop and resolve the main issues in artificial intelligence projects.
DURATION : 4 years
TOTAL CREDITS: 127 credits (excluding Physical Education and Soft Skills subjects)
GRADE POLICY : Credit-based
- Program structure
|3||On the job training and Thesis||20 (12 and 8)|
- Language of instruction: English
Center for International Education
Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology
5th Floor, A1 Building, Ha Dong Campus
Km 10 Nguyen Trai Road, Ha Dong District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: +84 24 3352 5741 / E-mail: email@example.com