For Undergraduate Program of Information Technology taught in English by PTIT under the ASEAN-Vietnam ICT Scholarship offered by Vietnamese enterprises for students from ASEAN countries plus Japan and Korea (AVIS+)
About AVIS+ Scholarship
The AVIS+, the new AVIS (ASEAN-Vietnam ICT Scholarship) is the initiative of the Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam (MIC Vietnam) to enhance the human resource development of ASEAN nations plus Korea and Japan in the field of ICT. The scholarship program is carried out by the Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT) with the financial sponsorship of outstanding Vietnamese enterprises including Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT), Viettel Group, VinGroup, CMC Corporation, FPT Joint Stock Company, Misa Corporation, starting in academic year 2019-2020. Here is the main information of the AVIS+ program:
- AVIS+ targets young talented students from the age of 18 to 25 who are expected to play a pioneer role in the ICT development of their countries.
- AVIS+ provides full scholarships to qualified students to study four-year undergraduate program in Information Technology (instructed in English) taken at Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT), Vietnam.
Objectives of AVIS+
- To support for ICT Human Resource Development in the region
AVIS+’s objective is to strengthen ICT capacities in ASEAN countries plus Korea and Japan through providing the opportunities to obtain Engineer’s degree in Information Technology taken at PTIT, a leading ICT university in Vietnam for young talented students who are expected to contribute to their countries in actively applying ICT technology to the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- To enhance Multi-lateral Relationships among nations in the region
AVIS+ fellows are expected to solidify foundations to further bilateral relations between Vietnam and their home countries also strengthen the bilateral relationship among countries in the regions by taking advantage of their human network developed during their study time in Vietnam through social and academic activities.
Beneficiaries of AVIS+
- For the applicants (AVIS+ grantees)
AVIS+ grantees will acquire a sound education in all aspects of information technology, especially in software engineering and artificial intelligence to be ready for the Industry 4.0, as well as providing a pathway to postgraduate study or a research career.
- For the Vietnamese sponsors
AVIS+’s sponsors are big corporations in Vietnam with the strong commitment to share and devote themselves to the development of ASEAN in the field of ICT and education, not only in terms of finance but also their experiences in production and doing business in the field of ICT in Vietnam.
- For the region
The fellow’s nations will have a number of talented IT staff to foster their responses to the advancement of science and technology in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Citizens of the ASEAN plus Korea and Japan and residing in corresponding home countries at the time of application.
Between 18 and 25 as of August 31st, 2020.
|· Holding a high school diploma authorized by the respective nations.
· GPA of high school years from 7.0 upwards (point scale of 10 or equivalent).
|· Applicants must obtain IELTS 5.5 (academic) or other equivalent certificates issued by authorized testing and certification bodies.
· Students from high school or students from junior college programs fully taught in English are exempted from submitting English certificates.
|· Applicants must be in good health certified by authorized clinics or hospitals.|
|A person who falls under the following category is NOT eligible to apply:
· Those who are being under investigation from their local authorities in any kind of forms.
· Military personnel registered on the active list.
|Application Deadline||Closing date: 17.00 August 31st, 2020
Applicants apply by sending notarized copies to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Center for International Education, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Vietnam.
|Document Screening||Application documents are screened and reviewed by the Admission Committee to finalize qualified students for the scholarship. An additional online interview could be arranged before final decision.|
|Approval||Successful applicants will be notified. By the time departure for Vietnam, the admitted candidates are required to send the original application documents as his/her scholarship confirmation.|
To be confirmed in the Letter of Admission
|Departure for Vietnam||PTIT arranges air-tickets and supports AVIS+ grantees after their arrival in Vietnam.|
To be confirmed in the Letter of Admission
|Opening Ceremony||Launching the study program.|
*If there is any change in the said plan, the MIC Vietnam will inform to the respective nominating Ministries.
- All the admission cost will be covered by AVIS+.
- Application Documents will not be returned (please keep a copy of your documents for yourself).
- The result of selection will also be announced to the respective authorities of the students’ home countries.
AVIS+ is a FULL scholarship program for each candidate during their whole 4-year study in Vietnam, including:
- Full tuition fee
- Two round-trip airfares (international flights)
- Establishment allowance
- Monthly stipend (10,000,000 VND/ month, equivalent to 425 USD/month)
- Health insurance
- $100 Bonus for annual Vietnamese Tet Holiday
Application Form can be downloaded at http://cie.ptit.edu.vn
Application Form can be downloaded here.
Application Letter can be downloaded here.
- Three (3) sets of Application Documents (1 Original / 2 Photocopies of the original one) are required.
- All documents are written in other languages than English need notarized English translation (self-translation is not acceptable).
- Use only A4 size paper for all copy sets.
- Do not staple the documents. Put a paperclip on them instead.
- Make your own extra copy of the Application Documents before submission
3. List of Application Documents
|Doc No.||Application Documents||Remarks|
|Application Form with Photos (4cm x 6 cm) (designated form)||· 3 photos (taken within the past 3 months) must be attached to the 1st page of all the 3 sets.
· Must have signature on the lower right-hand corner of EACH PAGE.
|2.||High School Diploma||· If in other languages (not English): submit notarized translation copies.
· Must contain all the grades earned from high school.
|3.||Official Academic Transcript|
|4.||International English proficiency test results or a Confirmation Letter from respective high schools or junior colleges verifying that their academic programs are taught in English.||· Valid Certificate.
· The Confirmation Letter must be sealed and signed by the legal representative.
|5.||Certificate of Health Examination||· Issued by a provincial-level hospital upwards.
· Must be formed in English or notarized English translation (if in other languages).
|6.||Application Letter||· Self-written by applicants.
· Present the reason for applying for this scholarship, summarize academic knowledge and achievements as well as plan to contribute to the development of the country after completion of the course.
|7.||Passport (photocopy)||Photocopy of personal page only.|
4. Application Submission
Deadline for Application Submission: 17.00 (Hanoi), August 31st, 2020.
Register now: https://bit.ly/AppfoCIE
5. Contact Information
Center for International Education
Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology
5th Floor, A1 Building, Ha Dong Campus
Km 10 Nguyen Trai Road, Ha Dong District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: +84 24 3352 5741 / E-mail: email@example.com
Contact person: Ms. Pham Tran Cam Van – Program Manager