La Trobe University is one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Australia with 07 training campuses in major cities across the country. According to the latest ranking of the Times Higher Education World Ranking (THE) 2021, La Trobe University is in the top 250 best universities in the world.
PTIT students participating in La Trobe University’s joint program will be transferred to the Bendigo campus where there is a modern learning space for IT and engineering students, along with the opportunity to apply for a job and settle down smoothly after graduation.
1. About Traning Program
– La Trobe University’s Bachelor of Information Technology program has been accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
– La Trobe University’s Bachelor of Information Technology program equips students with skills in programming, networking, databases, systems analysis and design, and project management. Along with building a solid, core IT skill set, students can specialize in a number of areas relevant to future industry growth including artificial intelligence, electrical cloud computing, cybersecurity, network engineering, or information systems.
– Duration of training: 4 years (2 years at PTIT and the next 2 years at La Trobe University, Australia)
2. Tuition fees and scholarships
– Tuition fees:
- Tuition fees for the first 2 years at PTIT: 49,500,000 VND/year.
- Tuition fees for the following 2 years at La Trobe University: 36,200 AUD/ academic year (equivalent to about 591 million VND/year).
For the first admission, La Trobe offers each student a CES scholarship that includes a 25% reduction in tuition fees per year;
A Regional Award of AUD 5,000 and an ELICOS scholarship (5 weeks of English language study) is available to eligible students who meet the following academic criteria: a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 6.0 on a 10-point scale or 2.4 based on a 4-point scale calculated on 09 basic and basic subjects during 2 years at the Academy.
3. Enrollment Objects and Enrollment methods
– Students who graduate from high school and have an average GPA of 10th, 11th,12th grade subjects according to the A00 or A01 exam combination is 6.5 or higher.
– For candidates studying in grade 12 who wish to apply for admission before graduating from high school, candidates must submit their study results in the 10th, 11th, and 1st semesters of 12th grade and supplement the following missing documents when there is a notice of admission (conditional) of the program.
– Language requirements: candidates must have at least English level 4 according to the 6-level Foreign Language Competency Framework for Vietnam or international IELTS 5.0 or equivalent TOEFL score or pass the school’s PTIT TEST English test. (The equivalent conversion table is in the attached Appendix).
– Admission method: Admission is based on high school results and English proficiency.
4. Transition conditions
– Students who complete the first 2 years of study under an approved associate program outlined in this admission notice;
– Have IELTS (academic) score of 6.0 or higher;
– Proof of financial ability to complete the course at La Trobe University;
– Meet all the conditions/requirements of the Australian Embassy in Vietnam to be granted a student visa to study in Australia.
– Students participating in the program are supported with free consulting services and support for transferring documents to La Trobe University.
– Application Form (Download here)
– 2 3×4 photos (taken within the last 3 months);
– A valid copy of the high school diploma and high school transcript (candidates can submit the Provisional Certificate of Graduation if they have not received the diploma);
– A valid copy of the ID card or valid passport;
– Curriculum vitae (according to the form) certified by the locality;
– Copy of English language certificate (with the original to be compared), if available.
– Health certificate valid within 6 months (can be added later);
6. Time to submit the application
– Phase 1: The application deadline is July 15, 2023
– Phase 2: The application deadline is September 30, 2023
Note: Candidates who do not have the required international English certificate need to contact the Center for International Education to register for an English test for admission to the program.
7. Address to receive application
Candidates can apply online here
Mr. Linh: 088.616.0606
Center for International Education, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology
5th floor, Building A1, 96A Tran Phu Street, Ha Dong District, Hanoi